Define Authoritarian, Democratic, Lassiez Faire, Charismatic, Transformational and Transactional Leadership styles. Also, discuss which style you deem to be most effective and why
. Define Authoritarian, Democratic, Lassiez Faire, Charismatic, Transformational and Transactional Leadership styles. Also, discuss which style you deem to be most effective and why.
2. Define and discuss Leadership and Management and core principles of each as well as contrast and comparison of leaders and managers. Also, define power and authority and which style is effective or ineffective.
3. Visit www.iacp.org, www.noblenatl.org, www.sheriffs.org, www.policeforum.org and discuss the history, mission and purpose of each organization.
4. Define Compstat, GIS, SARA, CODEFOR, Community Policing, and discuss in detail how technology has impacted policing strategies.
5. Discuss in detail each chapter of a thesis/dissertation and five common challenges that students have during their research. Also, define APA and give two examples of scholarly and non-scholarly research.
6. Chapter 5 discusses organizational theory. Explain briefly the Hawthorne effect and define hygiene and motivation factors. Also, discuss Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs and define theory X and Y.
7. Chapter 6 discusses organizational design, therefore define and describe the following: centralization vs. decentralization, vertical and horizontal orientation, top-down vs. bottom-up approaches, organizational designs and benefits.
8. Chapter 7 discusses organizational response and communication, therefore, define and describe the following: significance of effective communication, upward and downward communication, types of communication and common barriers.
9. Chapter 10 discusses human resource management, therefore define and describe the following: the function and purpose of human resource units, training, testing, assessment centers and evaluation.
10. Chapter 11 discusses Labor Relations; briefly discuss the 7 major factors that lead to the unionization of police. Also, describe 5 things police leaders can do to limit the possibility of job actions by uniformed officers.
11. Chapter 12 describes financial management, discuss why budgeting is important for personal and professional reasons. Also, define the following terms: fiscal year, operating budget, capital budget, budget cycle and list the major steps within it.
12. Chapter 13 addresses stress; therefore discuss programs that deal with stress and police officer suicide as well specific factors that lead to suicide and how police administrators should deal with such. Also, define Critical Incident and discuss each stage of incidents.
13. Chapter 14 describes legal aspects of police administration, therefore define and discuss the following: police liability (torts), “1983 action”, procedural/ substantive due process and issues in sexual harassment.
14. Chapter 15 discusses organizational change; therefore describe change models, types of resistance and the influence of politics and organizational change.
(Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior, Eighth Edition
2- Each question answered full page
Define Authoritarian, Democratic, Lassiez Faire, Charismatic, Transformational and Transactional Leadership styles. Also, discuss which style you deem to be most effective and why . […]