all, Jeff (A Sudden Gust of Wind, 1993)
Wall, Jeff (A Sudden Gust of Wind, 1993)
4 pages long, and it tells why did he paint this painting the date of the painting, the name of the painting, when the painter was born, and other important details of his life. This paper must have 3 sources, 1 book source, and the other 2 from Web.
all, Jeff (A Sudden Gust of Wind, 1993) Wall, Jeff (A Sudden Gust of Wind, 1993)Paper details 4 pages long, and it tells why […]
Debates on Salt and ironDebates on Salt and iron
How do the two protagonists in the Debates on Salt and Iron, the Chief Minister and the learned Men, differ in their views of the proper role of the government in the economic life of the empire? Based on y our reading of “Biographies of the Moneymakers” would the Han historian Sima Qian be likely to endorse either view? why or why not ?
Debates on Salt and ironDebates on Salt and iron Paper details How do the two protagonists in the Debates on Salt and Iron, the […]
The case, “Brian Weber,” found on Angel. Determine whether it was ethical for Kaiser to deny Brian Weber a position in the training program
Please refer to the case, “Brian Weber,” found on Angel. Determine whether it was ethical for Kaiser to deny Brian Weber a position in the training program. Conduct your analysis in light of the theories we have studied in class: Utilitarianism, Rights, Justice, Caring and Virtue. Conclude by presenting your own judgment of the issue and your estimation of which theory was most appropriate for this problem. State your reasons for your judgment and estimation. General directions for the Final Examination
1. On the cover page, write your name, class (Beth 370), quarter (Fall, 2012), student ID number (or some other identification no.).
2. On subsequent pages, write the ID number (but, not your name in the header or footer.
3. You may orally discuss the exam with anyone. You may not share any written materials with anyone. The irony of ignoring this stricture should not escape you. While you are free to consider other sources for ethics, do not attempt to change the facts in light of further research (on-line or via more traditional media). Assume the facts are as presented in the case (as I certainly will).
4. Please organize your exam in the following manner (page nos. are guides, not requirements or limits), with each new topic beginning on a new page:
- Cover Page (Name, UCOR-2910-02,04 (pick the best one), Fall 2014) – 1 page
- Introduction (identifying the key facts and issues in the case) – 1-3 pages (3pts)
- Utilitarianism (1-3 pages) – 10 pts.
- Rights (1-3 pages) – 10 pts
- Justice (1-3 pages) – 10pts
- Caring (1-3 pages) 10 pts
- Virtue (1-3 pages) – 10 pts
- Conclusion – present your own judgment about Kaiser’s conduct and identify which theory was most useful for analyzing the case. State your reasons for each of your conclusions) (1-2 pages)
- Judgment – 4 pts
- Usefulness – 3 pts
5. Begin each section of the exam on a new page (it would be rare (but, not impossible) that you would require more than four pages for any one section).
6. If you have questions about the exam, please send me an email stating your question. If I think it is appropriate to answer the questions, I will answer them by posting the question (without your name) and the answer on Canvas. Please feel free to ask. It does not hurt you if I determine that your question is one you need to answer on your own.
7. Format: A. Double Space; B. 1-inch margins (minimum); C. Staple the cover page to the discussion in the order set out above (no. 4). Please do not provide a cover beyond the cover page. Furthermore, content yourself with a mere staple to collect your manuscript together. Anything more elaborate will just annoy the grader.
8. As noted above, please, do not refer to other information about Kaiser’s conduct that might be available in the library or online. The purpose of the analysis is to evaluate the facts as presented, not to write a complete history.
9. TURN IN: Turn in one copy via the “Turnitin Dropbox” in Canvas; bring a second copy to class on the exam day.
The case, “Brian Weber,” found on Angel. Determine whether it was ethical for Kaiser to deny Brian Weber a position in the training program […]
Describe and explain the five basic steps of mining group gold for its team meeting management process
Method for facilitating meetings
Prepare a two- to three-page paper in APA style, sixth edition format, that describes, explains, addresses, and answers the following questions or statements.
Questions to Consider (30 points total)
Review the information in the lecture that presents mining group gold as a method for facilitating meetings. Then, after you have studied and reviewed this information, answer the following questions in a two- to three-page paper. Your paper should use APA style.
Describe and explain the five basic steps of mining group gold for its team meeting management process. (9 points)
What are the steps for dealing with emotions during a session or meeting? (9 points)
Describe and explain how you believe the mining group gold process will improve teamwork, empowerment, and effective communication. (9 points)
Include APA style in-text citations as well as a reference section. (3 points)
Describe and explain the five basic steps of mining group gold for its team meeting management process Method for facilitating meetingsPaper details Prepare a […]
Based on your excellent education and your expertise in economics, you have been hired as an economic analyst by JA Homes (JAH), a large nationwide construction company that specializes in residential housing.
Here is the situation you are in:
Based on your excellent education and your expertise in economics, you have been hired as an economic analyst by JA Homes (JAH), a large nationwide construction company that specializes in residential housing. Your first task is to write a briefing paper that discusses economic factors that will affect JAH’s business environment over the next few years. Your bosses will use your paper in their deliberations about how much to
expand (or contract) the firm between now and 2017. Because you are new to the firm, you want to impress your bosses with the breadth and depth of your economic knowledge and with your ability to apply your knowledge in this particular situation. Your paper will be read by your bosses: educated men and women who have only a rudimentary knowledge of economics.You’ve sketched out the following outline, which you’ll use to guide your writing. You’ve decided you might include visual representations of data where appropriate (a figure can be worth a thousand words), but it doesn’t make much sense to include graphs that illustrate economic concepts. Clear explanations are more valuable to your bosses than textbook/lecture style graphs.
In other words, PLACE YOURSELF IN THE SHOES of an economic analyst by JAH and answer all the questions below into the essay:
Intro paragraph with a recommendation: Should JAH expand or contract in the next three years? Give a brief
defense of recommendation. (The rest of the essay will build the detailed defense of the recommendation.)
• Set the stage by discussing the current state of the U.S. economy (unemployment, inflation, growth). Put today in
historical context: In what ways is the recovery to date different from recoveries following previous recessions?
• Discuss Federal Reserve policy. Interest rates are key in the housing industry, so it’s important to try to predict
what the Fed will do with interest rates in the next year or so. Take time to explain how the macroeconomy
affects Fed policy, and how Fed policy affects the macroeconomy.
• JAH builds houses for the middle classes – second, third, and fourth quintiles of the income distribution.
Distribution matters. Be sure to distinguish between trends in aggregate income and trends for the middle
• The market for houses can be captured reasonably well with a simple supply & demand model. Put predictions
for 2014-2017 in perspective by discussing the various forces that affected the market for houses starting in the
• JAH hires thousands of workers, mostly skilled tradespeople, and there are rumors that the company is
considering cutting wages. Include a side note addressing asymmetric information, and how wage cuts may
affect labor markets.
• Conclude with a re-statement of the recommendation and its defense: Should JAH expand or contract in the next
three years? Why or why not?
Based on your excellent education and your expertise in economics, you have been hired as an economic analyst by JA Homes (JAH), a large […]