BOOK REVIEW INSTRUCTIONS
Choose only 1 of the designated books listed below for the Book Review assignment:
Robertson, P. (2004). Courting disaster: How the supreme court is usurping the power of Congress and the people. Brentwood, TN: Thomas Nelson. ISBN: 9780785297307.
Sutherland, M. (2005). Judicial tyranny. St. Louis, MO: The National Policy Center. ISBN: 9780975345566.
A book review is a to-the-point summary of 1 of the assigned books. It is essential that you write concisely while providing a comprehensive evaluation of the book. The review shall comport with the requirements of the Book Review Grading Rubric.
You will want to begin reading the book early in the course as it may help you with your Discussion Board assignments. Your paper will be checked for plagiarism via SafeAssign.
• Is the paper without spelling and grammatical errors?
• Does the paper properly use current APA style?
• Does the paper reflect a graduate level of vocabulary?
• Utilizes a minimum of 5–7 references to the book?
• The paper is the appropriate length (3–5 pages)?
Courting disaster BOOK REVIEW INSTRUCTIONSChoose only 1 of the designated books listed below for the Book Review assignment: Robertson, P. (2004). Courting disaster: How […]
Food, nutrition, obesity (adult & child), physical activity (or lack thereof), lifestyle and Healthcare – are we eating ourselves into an early grave while we sit and play on our computers and watch television
Food, nutrition, obesity (adult & child), physical activity (or lack thereof), lifestyle and Healthcare – are we eating ourselves into an early grave while we sit and play on our computers and watch television? How big is the problem? What can be done? Etc. etc.
You and your partner(s) will, together, produce a 2500 word paper that is about some aspect of Healthcare in the US. (see possible topics below). The object of your paper and your presentation is to teach your classmates about some aspect of healthcare in depth. Ideally your presentation will teach your classmates (and me) something about healthcare that we didn’t know before.
will cover problems in the administration of health services from a societal perspective. Questions of equity in service availability and cost are contrasted with administrative issues. There will be a critique of national health insurance and comparison of the United States system with health systems of other nations.
- Understand what health policy is and how it helps shape the structure of the health care system.
- Describe the professional structure of health in the U.S., including the history of the medical and nursing professions and the development of hospitals and specialized facilities.
- Identify the many ways in which health insurance can be structured, including health maintenance organizations.
- Describe the two principle government health care programs: Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal in California). Explain some of the weaknesses and problems that have been identified in these programs and identify recent efforts at reform.
- Understand how issues of cost, quality and access compete for attention in the policy arena and how the for-profit motive has made finding a solution more difficult.
- Gain an appreciation for how other social factors (e.g. culture, ethnicity or social class) can independently affect access to care.
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically about the health care system and to communicate information effectively to others. (e.g. through discussion, presentations, written assignments etc.)
- Learn what problems, issues and concerns patients have with the healthcare system. Understand why many patients are troubled and insecure about their healthcare, their insurance and their providers.
- Carry on an ongoing discussion throughout the semester regarding President Obama’s new healthcare plan (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act). These discussions will be based primarily on current events.
Click here to have a similar paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted…
Food, nutrition, obesity (adult & child), physical activity (or lack thereof), lifestyle and Healthcare – are we eating ourselves into an early grave while […]
Discuss how information security has evolved over the years and what you see as a threat to the criminal justice systems now and tell what you believe is the best way to counter those cyber security threats.Graduate students are required to submit a term paper. The term paper can be on any topic covered in the course. The paper should be approximately 15 pages in length, using a minimum of 5 references. Information security is critical. Discuss how information security has evolved over the years and what you see as a threat to the criminal justice systems now and tell what you believe is the best way to counter those cyber security threats.
Discuss how information security has evolved over the years and what you see as a threat to the criminal justice systems now and tell […]
A Comparing/Contrast PAPER
Research paper based on an outsider theme; compare two outsider characters in two short stories; define how these characters are outsiders and use four secondary sources to support this topic; mla style; focus on using clearly focused topic sentences in body paragraphs, well developed body paragraphs, proper mla citation of electronic sources (i.e. the primary sources are electronic readings on the Internet; the four secondary sources consist of one online dictionary definition and three journal articles obtained from the HCC online library databases); length: 1500-2000 typed words; must include a properly formatted Works Cited page as the last page of the paper; focus on analysis of topic and use direct quotes from all six sources for support of topic; you are required to use a minimum of one direct quote in each body paragraph.nPlease review my research paper for literary analysis content, mla style, organization, and grammar concerns.nThank you, nJane
A Comparing/Contrast PAPER Research paper based on an outsider theme; compare two outsider characters in two short stories; define how these characters are outsiders […]
Gustav Holst: The Planets
– Brief history of genre
a brief history of the work; when it was written, any interesting facts about its relevance, connections with the composer’s style, etc.
– I consider the format of your paper to be very important. I want you to imitate my format as closely as you possibly can.
– You must have at least one footnote for every page
-You must include at least one quote in each section from another source. This quote can come from an Internet or print source.
-Here’s a tip: Good writers don’t just throw in quotes. They take a quote and refer to it. They even use quotes to support their own arguments. Check out how I used quotes in my sample paper.
· You must cite at least 1 source in each section
· They can be from an Internet or printed source
· You MUST use “footnote” or “Chicago” style citations, not parenthetical citations
-Chicago style requires a superscript number and a footnote. There’s no work-cited page, just the footnote. Footnotes are easy to produce in Microsoft Word. Just position your cursor to the end of the quote, go to “References” and “Insert Footnote. ”Then you’ll be able to insert the information. It’s that easy. There are also videos on youtube.com that can walk you through this process.
• Footnotes should be “Times New Roman” font of 10
Gustav Holst: The Planets – Brief history of genre a brief history of the work; when it was written, any interesting facts about its […]