Discuss your thoughts about extreme thrill-seeking behavior in teens or young adults. Examples of extreme thrill-seeking include: jumping off of high buildings without a net below, lighting oneself on fire (yes, this really occurs), drag-racing (this one’s still around), eating an abundance of cinnamon, and so many more (simply google “Extreme thrill-seeking in teens” and you will be amazed). Answer the following questions as they relate to this topic.
1. Locate one example of extreme thrill-seeking in teens/young adults and explain what they are doing (cite your source and include
the website – this source doesn't have to be scholarly).
2. In your opinion, why do some people engage in extreme thrill-seeking behaviors? Explain your answer.
3. How can society do to effectively help people understand the potential long-term consequences of these behaviors? Explain your
4. What can schools do to help students understand the consequences of these behaviors? Explain your answer.
5. Why does it seem that people are engaging in riskier and riskier behaviors nowadays? Explain your answer.
6. Does technology instigate thrill-seeking behaviors? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
7. How does society (other than technology) play a role in extreme thrill-seeking? Explain your answer.
8. Should parents be held liable if they allow their child to engage in these behaviors and something negative happens as a result?
Explain your answer.
9. Locate 2 scholarly sources that talk about extreme thrill-seeking and summarize what they say about this topic. Cite both sources.
(these need to be scholarly)
10. What are your personal thoughts about this issue? Explain your answer.
Acceptable Length: 2 pages minimum (double-spaced)
You may number your answers, but please follow the double-spacing and 1-inch guidelines.
Please number your answers.
Use one-inch margins.
Use a 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font.
Use double line spacing in the document.
Include a minimum of 2 scholarly references in the paper (your textbook can be one of the references)
Use APA Citation Style to cite references.