Metabolizable EnergyThe goal of this assignment is to give you practice in formulating hypotheses, finding primary literature, using
primary literature while writing, and properly formatting citations.
You will submit your answers to the following Questions/Exercises via SafeAssign; as a Word document or a
For each of the abstracts below state a null and alternate hypothesis for each study. (6 points)
For the Literature cited section of the Research exercise you need to find 4 primary literature papers that are related to the topic of “Metabolizable Energy”. Once your find these papers you need to write out the citation for each paper and arrange them into a Literature cited list. The formatting instructions are found in the powerpoint from our first lab.
Metabolizable EnergyThe goal of this assignment is to give you practice in formulating hypotheses, finding primary literature, using primary literature while writing, and properly […]
Applying Theoretical Frameworks to FilmsApplying Theoretical Frameworks to Films
Week 2 Assignment
PURPOSE: The purpose of this assignment is to have you further practice applying the theoretical frameworks. Specifically, you will watch a popular film/movie and then apply the frameworks to explain the behavior or development of a main character or group of people.
Before completing this assignment you should:
Read the lesson plan for the week. In the lesson plan the four theoretical frameworks are defined in detail. You will not be able to complete this assignment unless you have read about and understand the theoretical frameworks.
Participate in the Weekly Discussion Forum concerning the theoretical frameworks. This weeks’ Discussion Forum topic entails using the theoretical frameworks to attempt to explain the behavior of Elliot Rodger, the young man who killed 6 people and injured 13 more near UCSB on May 23, 2014. It is on the Weekly Discussion Forum that we will practice together applying the frameworks to this tragedy. Posting and responding on the Discussion Forum prior to doing this assignment is very important as it will give you the skills to successfully apply the theoretical frameworks on your own.
Once you have read about the theoretical frameworks in the lesson plan and participated in the Weekly Discussion Forum where we work together to apply the frameworks, you are ready to do this assignment. There are three steps:
1. Choose a film/movie to watch that details the development of a single main character or group of people. Below are movies that have been approved for this assignment. If you want to use a different movie/film for this assignment, you can, but you will need to get the instructor’s permission. Email Dr. Manke directly to get approval for other movies ([email protected]).
2. As you watch the film you should take notes on the behavior/development of the main character or group of people. Many of the characters in the approved movies are met with challenges as they seek to better their lives. In addition, you will want to think about HOW you would use each of the four main theoretical frameworks to explain the development of the main character or group of people. That is, for example, you will want to be able to describe, citing specific examples from the film, how you would explain the development of the main character using the Environment Learning Framework. Which proximal environments (e.g., parents, peers, neighborhood influences, teachers, coaches, gang members, etc.) shaped the main character?
Be sure to think about each of the four theoretical frameworks in relation to the film as you will be asked to write about all four of the frameworks in your assignment.
3. Write a 2-page typed paper (single spaced) where you apply all four theoretical frameworks to the film. Your paper should have 5 sections:
Section 1: Indicate which film you watched and then describe the main character’s (or group of people’s) development or behavior.
Section 2: Use the Biological Maturation framework to explain the character’s development or behavior. Be sure to include specific details from the movie in your response.
Section 3: Use the Environment Learning framework to explain the character’s development or behavior. Be sure to include specific details from the movie in your response.
Section 4: Use the Constructivist framework to explain the character’s development or behavior. Be sure to include specific details from the movie in your response.
Section 5: Use the Cultural Context framework to explain the character’s development or behavior. Be sure to include specific details from the movie in your response.
DUE DATE: This assignment is due no later than Sunday June 8, 2014, 11:59 PM (PST).
SUBMISSION PROCESS: To submit your assignment, please place it in the digital drop box on BeachBoard in the folder marked Week 2 Assignment: Applying Theoretical Frameworks to Films.
GRADING CRITERIA: This assignment is worth 25 points (5 points per section). Ability to use each theoretical framework to explain the development of the film’s main character (and use specific film details to support your answer) will determine points earned.
FEEDBACK: Students will receive feedback from the instructor via email within one week of the submission deadline.
Applying Theoretical Frameworks to FilmsApplying Theoretical Frameworks to FilmsWeek 2 AssignmentPURPOSE: The purpose of this assignment is to have you further practice applying the […]
Health Care and Life SciencesApplying Theoretical Frameworks to News Stories
Week 2 Discussion Forum
PURPOSE: Across the entire semester we will be applying the major theoretical frameworks in human development to various topics (e.g., moral development, parenting, peer influences, etc.). It is therefore, important that you are familiar with the frameworks and know how to apply them to real-world examples. The purpose of this week’s Discussion Forum is to apply the four theoretical frameworks to a current media story. After practicing together on the Weekly Discussion Forum you should then be able to apply the theoretical frameworks to other real-world examples on your own. And, you should be able to complete this week’s assignment.
1. Familiarize yourself with the news story about 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, the young man who killed 6 people and injured 13 more near UCSB on May 23, 2014. Specifically, I want you to read online not only about what he did, but also why he did it. There is a lot of speculation and debate about the source or cause of this young man’s horrific acts (behavior).
A couple of online sources you might check out include:
Don’t limit yourself though to these sources of information. Read widely about the tragic incident, getting as much insight as you can about why people think Elliot Rodger may have committed such horrific acts of violence.
As you read the various articles be sure to write down the various reasons people have proposed for Elliot Rodger’s behavior.
2. On BeachBoard under Discussions go to the Weekly Discussion Forum and find the topic Week 2 Discussion: Applying Theoretical Frameworks to News Stories. Click on this topic and then compose an entry where you discuss one of the proposed reasons for or causes of Elliot Rodger’s behavior. After you present a potential cause Elliot Rodger’s behavior, note which theoretical framework it falls under (Biological Maturation, Environment Learning, Constructivist, or Cultural Context) and why.
If a classmate has already posted an entry describing the reason or cause you were interested in, then you have two options. One, you can add to your classmate’s posting by responding, adding new material and critical analysis. Post your additional information directly under your
classmate’s entry. Use the Reply button to do this. Second option is to choose an entirely different cause or reason and create a new entry.
Remember, the point here is to practice using the theoretical frameworks and thus, much of your entry should be about the theoretical frameworks.
DUE DATE: Entries and responses must be posted no later than Thursday June 5, 2014, 11:59 PM (PST).
GRADING CRITERIA: This assignment is worth 10 points. Posting an entry where you describe a reason for Elliot Rodger’s behavior AND describe which theoretical framework it falls under is worth 10 points.
FEEDBACK: The Instructor will comment on each student’s entry in the Weekly Discussion Forum.
Health Care and Life SciencesApplying Theoretical Frameworks to News StoriesWeek 2 Discussion ForumPURPOSE: Across the entire semester we will be applying the major theoretical […]
Decision making and Information Politics
Write a 4-5 page essay describing the IT governance structure and decision-making processes in your organization. Include a discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of your organization’s circumstances and present and justify one specific improvement you would make to either the structure or a process; be sure to apply the concepts and use the terminology provided in the readings.
Your assignments will be graded following these expectations:
Decision making and Information Politics
In this case we investigate the technology-related decision making in organizations.
Before writing-up the essay for this case, read and review the following documents (we recommend in this same order):
- Objective of IT governance: http://www.intosaiitaudit.org/intoit_articles/25_p30top35.pdf
- Centralization versus Decentralization: http://www.ppcwg.org/images/files/Federated%20Model%20White%20Paper.pdf
- Different models / Roundtable discussion: http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/EDU03184.pdf
- IT Governance Structure for a public child-welfare agency: http://www.ppcwg.org/information-management-key-processes-governance-structure.html
- University of South Florida IT Governance Structure: http://generalcounsel.usf.edu/policies-and-procedures/pdfs/policy-0-512.pdf
- Overview of Decision Making: http://www.enotes.com/business-finance-encyclopedia/decision-making
- Main methods of business decision-making: http://tutor2u.net/business/organisation/decisionmaking.htm
Decision making and Information Politics Case Assignment Write a 4-5 page essay describing the IT governance structure and decision-making processes in your organization. Include […]
English and LiteraturePaper instructions:
this blog need you to read book “classroom at the end of the line”.
the instructions for blog:
1. Summarize section IV, using appropriate details as needed. This response should be 250 to 300 words.
2. What lessons do you agree with? What part of this section leaves you questioning the conclusion? This response should be 250 to 300 words.
3. Identify one of your sources for the white paper, offering a short summary of the information. This response should be 100 to 150 words.
English and LiteraturePaper instructions:this blog need you to read book “classroom at the end of the line”. the instructions for blog:1. Summarize section IV, […]