Business Ethics: Final Paper
Students are expected to use both philosophical articles, articles in business that relate to the topic they choose and the course textbook. Each paper should be a minimum of eight (8) pages in length and should have no less than four (4) cited references, one of which can be your text. Each final paper should be a typed word document with a cover page and must be in APA format.
Choose one of the following topics:
1. “Never underestimate the other guy's greed.” This isn't just a classic line from the 1983 Brian De Palma film, Scarface (written by Oliver Stone). It also reflects the attitude that has caused the economic disaster we're now clawing ourselves out of. It is safe to say that at least part of the reason for the economic crash of 2008 can be attributed to a lack of ethical conscience on the part of leaders in business such as executives, investment bankers, entrepreneurs, and ‘everyone else whose decisions can affect the financial well- being of other people’. Develop a position that advocates the need for ethical leadership in the modern business marketplace.
2. A number of scholars have published articles on the possibility of developing a moral corporation. For example, Christopher D. Stone’s, “The Culture of the Corporation” suggests that developing a moral corporation requires changing attitudes and looking closely at values. Develop a position for the development of a moral corporate culture and map out a specific plan for achieving a moral corporation.
Business Ethics Business Ethics: Final Paper Students are expected to use both philosophical articles, articles in business that relate to the topic they […]
Introduction paragraph. There must be a thesis statement that tell the reader the purpose of the paper and what will be discussed. *to reflect and synthesize what you have learned in previous and develop a personal model/framework for your nursing practice*
Provide an overview of Praxis and discuss the benefit of a framework of praxis to the discipline of nursing and/or the development of nursing knowledge.
Include an overview of the advanced practice nursing role that you are preparing for, discuss how this role can improve healthcare. * I am preparing to become a women's health nurse practitioner*
Ideological influences: Discuss your philosophical basis for practice. Discuss key elements of the philosophy and define how they contribute to your personal framework. Discuss the influence of your philosophy on your Phenomenon of Interest, concept analysis, and theories. *I feel the Continental Philosophy best suits my framework. My phenomenon of interest is that the nurse is a patient advocate in my current role as a labor and delivery nurse. My concept analysis was the word labor.
Theoretical influences: identify and discuss the nursing theories as well as general theories that will support your practice. How does your choice of theory benefit your practice? *I used the theories of Travelbee's Human to Human relationship model and Lenz & Pugh's Theory of unpleasant symptoms (TOUS) as theory influences*
Ethical influences: Choose an ethical theory or framework for your practice. Describe the key elements and detail the contribution to your overall framework. *theories i use are autonomy, non-maleficence and beneficence*
Utilization of Framework: discuss the application of the critical elements of your framework (theories, concept, philosophy, etc) based on a real or invented case study that describes your POI. The key concept should be readily identifiable to the reader. * an invented case can be used incorporating the information in a labor and delivery setting.*
Conclusion: summarize the essential points of the paper
Praxis/Framework Introduction paragraph. There must be a thesis statement that tell the reader the purpose of the paper and what will be discussed. *to […]
Why Study Business Ethics Why Study Business EthicsAPA style (double spaced-12 font), I need 5 full pages and the work cited page, use scholarly […]
In 2009, the Richemont Group acquired www.net-a-porter.com, considered to be one of the most successful e-business fashion companies in the word. Natalie Massenet, Founder and Chairman of NET-A PORTER, pursued the company’s growth strategy by seeking and launching further innovative initiatives that has continued to raise the bar in terms of an online user experience.
Natalie Massenet has identified several key accomplishments at NET-A-PORTER that show the business achievements to-date and her vision and of the company.
“…Since its launch in June 2000, NET-A-PORTER.COM has established itself as the world’s premier online luxury fashion retailer, successfully blending content and commerce…
…With an acclaimed editorial format, leading designers, iconic packaging, unrivalled service and customer care, NET-A-PORTER enables visitors to shop over 350 designer collections 365 days a year and delivers to 170 countries with same day delivery in London and Manhattan from its own distribution centres…
…The award-winning website continuously seeks innovative ways to improve the user experience through new technology including ground-breaking interactive collaborations, shopping apps for all mobile devices, including a much-lauded weekly magazine app for the iPad that has been downloaded by over 116 000 iPad users.
… In April 2009 the NET-A-PORTER group launched THE OUTNET, the chicest fashion outlet shopping destination. Each month, the two sites speak to more than 4 million style-conscious consumers around the world.
… February 2011 saw the launch of the first dedicated global menswear retail site: MR PORTER. The site provides a selection of the best in men’s style from global designer labels to niche brands alongside editorial and style advice.
… NET-A-PORTER’s technological innovations during 2013 have embraced new digital possibilities. The Fashion Fix provides a hub for NET-A-PORTER’s social activities and is open to the public for adding comments. The mobile enabled website enables customers to browse and shop from their mobile phones. NET-A-PORTER TV houses video content and enables customers to watch, shop, comment, embed and share. Its Google TV extension is already available in the US for T-commerce.
… NET-A-PORTER’s 2014 customer base is spread worldwide. Whilst being rooted in the UK and US, the number of customers in newer markets such as Australia, Hong Kong and France doubles each year …”
You are a member of a team of management trainees working for Bain and Company, a prestigious management consultancy firm.
In cross-functional teams of four, undertake a strategic review of the present strategic position of the up-market, e-fashion company Net-a-Porter and make recommendations as to how it will continue to be successful in the future.
Strategic Management Assignment Brief In 2009, the Richemont Group acquired www.net-a-porter.com, considered to be one of the most successful e-business fashion companies in the […]
EBP PosterDesigning your poster requires both critical and creative thinking. You want your poster to clearly communicate essential information for understanding your study. You also want it to be attractive and appeal to your audience’s aesthetic sense. Your poster is a very nice way of reflecting the work you have done in thinking about your PICOT question, identifying and selecting appropriate evidence, and describing a plan for implementation and evaluation.
Your poster should communicate:
• Intervention and Outcome of interest
• Problem Model
• Significance of Problem
• Purpose of the study
• Theoretical framework or model (optional)
• Evidence Table
• Summary of evidence with conclusion
• Plan for implementing study
• Description of evaluation plan and outcomes to be measured
• Implications for APN practice
You want to convey all of the important information without making your poster too “busy”. It will help to think about the specific sections of your poster. Some suggestions for formatting your poster:
• State your purpose in 1 sentence
• Use your model (A1) to show problem and significance
• Insert a table of evidence
• Include a short paragraph or bullets to summarize your evidence
• Briefly describe how you would implement the EBP study
• Briefly describe your evaluation plan, e.g. what process or outcome variables you will measure and how you will analyze them
• Briefly describe or use bullets to indicate implications for APN practice
EBP PosterDesigning your poster requires both critical and creative thinking. You want your poster to clearly communicate essential information for understanding your study. You […]