Report to the Managing Director of Global Star
You will need to refer to your business plan to complete part A of this assessment. Prepare a minimum (2 page) report to the Managing Director of Global Star. Your report should communicate the viability of making changes to current business operations. Please include the following points (minimum 1 paragraph) per point in your report as follows: Ø Outline at least three new marketing ideas and opportunities as a result of your research Ø Link these new marketing ideas to the goals and future objectives of the organisation Ø Evaluate each opportunity and outline the impact to the current business Ø Include financials and feasibility information to include a probable return on investment Ø Suggest recommended operational changes to the current business model Ø Estimate the resources and costs associated with these operational changes Ø Include all relevant forms of Legislative considerations when making operational changes (e.g. privacy laws, anti-discrimination, ethical principles etc.) Your report should be written in a way which is culturally appropriate and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and abilities. Research and interpret a current marketing plan (template). www.business.gov.au or other website searches will assist you in the following task. Please ensure you outline and list all the key elements (content) required when creating a sustainable marking plan for a business. Not only are you required to provide a list of content but also provide a brief description against each key point. For example: Marketing Objectives defines what you want to accomplish through your marketing activities.
Report to the Managing Director of Global Star ASSESSMENT TWO Part A You will need to refer to your business plan to complete part […]
Business and Management
You are required to provide a written answer to each question. Your answer should be a minimum of one paragraph and clearly answer the question. Please send your completed Assessment to [email protected]with your name printed clearly on the top of each page. This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to manage programs within a health and wellbeing focus. The unit addresses the management of the range of programs that would typically be associated with health and wellbeing such as stress management, smoking cessation, exercise, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs). The unit is assessed by presentation and quality of information presented in the two assessments.
- Briefly explain the definition of:
- Describe the concepts of “employee welfare and wellness” and why they are becoming increasingly important in 21st Century workplaces particularly in terms for the business objectives
- What are the six signs of drug abuse?
- List at least five of the strategies for reducing absenteeism in the workplace. Briefly describe why you think these may help in reducing absenteeism.
A Google search using the words “Minimising absenteeism” will assist you to identify these strategies.
- Research the impact ‘depression’ has on employees and identify four possible causes.
- Employee stress has a high impact on workplace productivity. Research and list 3 possible causes of stress in the workplace.
- Health Insurance organisations are taking steps to address the high cost of absenteeism and illness in Society.
Identify one Health Insurance company that is identifying these issues and give a brief example of what they are doing and hope to achieve through these initiatives.
- Various State Governments have promoted their own health and wellbeing programs. Research two State Governments websites and give a brief description of what they are trying to actively promote and why.
- Explain how EAP contribute to a ‘safety culture”? include in this explanation the necessity to have a well thought through plan which involves consultation and communication with others, the necessity for a implementation process which identifies timelines and milestones to enable monitoring or progress and evaluation methods
10. Complete the attached table identifying the impact of various health factors on workplace performance
Business and Management You are required to provide a written answer to each question. Your answer should be a minimum of one paragraph and […]
Memo to their supervisor identifying the health issues which result from smoking and the impact on a workplace
You work for a very progressive organization which likes to look after its employees. The WHS policy was only recently rewritten/reissued and states the company values the health and safety of its employees and will provide assistance to employees to enable them to improve their overall health because a healthy employee will be happy, remain injury free and be more productive in the workplace. As a result of this new policy and looking after employee health you as safety advisor have decided to design and develop an EAP to stop smoking.
- 1 To complete this task students will write a memo to their supervisor identifying the health issues which result from smoking and the impact on a workplace. You will link this to the above new policy and convince the supervisor to undertake this new project. You must outline methods you can use for this program particularly addressing secondary issues such as the problem of weight gain when people stop smoking due to inappropriate food substituted choices (constant snacking on sweets, lack of exercise)
- Define who you would need to discuss the program with and what you might need to discuss consider health professionals, employees, canteen supervisors, union representatives, family members.
- Create an action plan which identified responsibilities for actions, timelines, resources and evaluation. Identify key milestones and communication processes. Your program has been approved by the supervisor you now need to implement the strategy
- You know that of the 50 employees who work for the company 18 of them smoke. How would you effectively promote and communicate this to your employees to obtain volunteers for your program?
- You have had 10 of the smokers volunteer for the program. You need to document the EAP this will require you to answer the following in a 2-3 page document. You will need to use some of the information you gather above.
· A) What is the overall strategy for this particular EAP? To answer this you need to think through what you are trying to achieve. Stop smoking without weight gain or just stop smoking, what constitutes suggest with not smoking 3 months, 2 months 12 months? How are you going to support the volunteers new healthy vending machine options, exercise programs, stress relieve etc. when and where is the program run? · B) Outline the Policy and Procedure for this EAP. This will come out of your strategy what is the company trying to achieve and what support is available, how will they support the program · C) Who is involved in the program? Hint: this in not just the volunteers! · D) What are the benefits/services to the volunteers/ other employees/supervisors? · E) How would you effectively promote this particular program to your employees to obtain volunteers and coworker/supervisors who need to provide encouragement and support to the volunteers? · F) How could you measure if the stop smoking program is running according to you strategy. What would you identify as milestones · G) What methods will you use to evaluate the results at the end of the program? How can you say this program was a success? Nationally 7/10 people can successfully quit first time according to research · H) You had 6 people successfully stop smoking for a 6 month period. Determine a communication method for all stakeholders · I) What changes could be incorporated into this EAP if you were run the program again? What changes would be incorporated into the EAP process if you decided to run a different program
Memo to their supervisor identifying the health issues which result from smoking and the impact on a workplace You work for a very progressive […]
Explain in detail how you can (or do) serve as a positive role model in your workplace through personal work planning and organisation. (“Be the best you can be” and be a “Shining Example” to others)
You are required to provide a written answer to each question. Your answer should be a minimum of one paragraph and clearly answer the question. Please send your completed Assessment to [email protected] with your name printed clearly on the top of each page. PERSONAL WORK GOALS AND PRIORITIES 1. Explain in detail how you can (or do) serve as a positive role model in your workplace through personal work planning and organisation. (“Be the best you can be” and be a “Shining Example” to others) 2. Briefly, and without breeching confidentiality, describe your organisation’s policies, procedures and plans for the future. ( Do not mention the workplace by name) 3. Describe your personal work goals, plans and activities for the next 12 months. 4. How well do your personal goals, plans and activities match the responsibilities, accountabilities and plans of your workplace? Provide details. 5. Provide details as to how you can measure your performance across the 12 months for the goals, plans and activities you listed in question 2. In your answer provide information on varying work conditions, work contexts, personality traits (use personality traits, trait approach and personality and team work from your management theory and practice textbook by Kris Cole) and personal behaviour. 6. Provide information on how your work methods and practices involving the use of technology can manage your work priorities and commitments efficiently and effectively. Technology may include but not limited to computerised systems and software, databases, project management, word processing, electronic diaries, telephones, email and mail. 7. With regard to your work and personal life, how can you maintain a balance between the two that ensures stress is effectively managed and health is maintained at an optimum level? 8. In your workplace there may be competing demands to achieve personal, teams and organisational goals and objectives. Provide information on where you have identified these conflicts and how you can take the initiative to prioritise and facilitate the demands so goals and objectives are still met in a timely manner and all parties are satisfied.
1. Use the following documents and systems to assess your professional knowledge and competencies against competency standards to plan future professional and personal development. How can you prioritise to improve work performance and maintain a competitive edge? b) Workplace policies and procedures c) Performance appraisals (formal and informal) e) Use of feedback from clients, management, colleagues, direct reports and industry partners Provide detailed information on what you identified as: f) Your professional competence strengths h) Specific new skills to be achieved to improve competencies (personal and professional) 2. Identify, evaluate, select and document particular professional development opportunities that match your workplace and are suitable for your personal learning style, time availability and cost. Describe how you will match the program to your learning style and how you will manage yourself. 3. Relevant to your workplace, describe how you can participate in professional networking to enhance personal knowledge, skills and work relationships. 4. How do you organise your work schedule and set your priorities to manage your time? This self test examines your knowledge of the topic ‘Monitor your own work performance’. For each question, choose the response that you believe is correct. Is the following statement true or false? Self assessment is unnecessary and leads only to increased stress levels. Is the following statement true or false? Actual performance can be measured against your work objectives. Is the following statement true or false? Customer satisfaction can be measured easily. Is the following statement true or false? Feedback in the workplace is not an essential part of the process of ‘monitoring your own workplace performance’. Is the following statement true or false? Discussions are only one of the tools that may be used to gain feedback. Is the following statement true or false? Feedback on performance is only useful for development of the individual. Is the following statement true or false? Once evaluation is seen to be linked to reward or punishment, feedback may be less genuine. Is the following statement true or false? Quality assurance is a critical factor in most workplaces. Is the following statement true or false? Never rely on your impressions of what colleagues think of your work performance. Is the following statement true or false? There is only one way to create and conduct a survey.
Explain in detail how you can (or do) serve as a positive role model in your workplace through personal work planning and organisation. (“Be […]
Briefly explain how planning and monitoring help organisations, managers and individual job-holders to achieve results
Each answer should be no less than 100 words: · Briefly explain how planning and monitoring help organisations, managers and individual job-holders to achieve results. · List the types of plans that managers need to understand and describe how operational plans fit into the wider activities of the organisation? · What distinguishes a good plan from a poor plan? · Why do plans sometimes fail? What actions can you take to safeguard the success of your plans? · What are the benefits of planning?
- Describe the planning skills you use in your current role and the type of plans you develop and follow. How do you monitor these plans?
- What was the last activity you planned in detail at your workplace? Describe how you went about planning it and the steps you followed. How did you determine and secure the resources you needed to carry out your plan?
- Describe a time when you worked with others to plan and organise activities/events and when you communicated with others to coordinate the implementation of the plan. Who was involved?
- Describe a time when you worked with others to plan and organise a presentation, an event or something similar. What did you do that helped and hindered? What did others do? What lessons did you learn for next time?
- What monitoring tools do you and your work team use? Write a short essay describing these tools and explain how they conform to the characteristics of an effective monitoring system. How do these monitoring tools help in the job?
- In your own words, identify and describe the 7 stages of managing a project and why each element is important.
- What is a PERT Chart? What is a Gantt Chart? What is the difference between these two tools? Search the net and find out the origin of these two charts, i.e. who designed them, where and when. Draw both charts as examples.
- Write a couple of paragraphs on a project that you have worked on previously and describe how you believe it could have been better developed if the organisers had used the skills of project management when planning, preparing and delivering the project.
- Why is it important to have a debrief at the end of a project? Why should this be documented?
- Identify and describe the four steps to monitoring a project?
- Why must a risk management plan (including WHS) be completed?
- Draft a simple financial budget to include project cost considerations.
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted…
Briefly explain how planning and monitoring help organisations, managers and individual job-holders to achieve results Each answer should be no less than 100 words: […]