Strategic Investment Management
(a) Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for both Sesperian plc
and Agrosolutions plc, and then determine which one should be used in the
valuation calculations. No explanation is required of your choice of WACC. [7
(b) Using the Discounted Cash Flow method, calculate the stand-alone valuation
of Agrosolutions plc prior to the inclusion of synergies. [20 marks]
(c) Recalculate the stand-alone valuations of Agrosolutions plc after the inclusion
of the synergies. [8 marks]
(a) Outline a bidding strategy that the Board of Sesperian plc might have
formulated based on the valuations calculated in parts (b) and (c) above. [15
(b) In the discussion regarding which WACC to use for the valuation of
Agrosolutions plc Rufus Banda mentioned that different WACCs might be
needed to reflect different financial risk and business risk. Using suitable
examples, including those drawn from the case study, distinguish between
business and financial risk and from your research discuss how such risks
can be alleviated in practice. [15 marks]
(a) Explore how behavioural aspects can influence financial decisions in general,
and then more specifically to the case study. In particular draw on the
comments made by Jay Sixsmith regarding the fear of overpayment for the
acquisition of Agrosolutions plc. [17 marks]
(b) Provide a critical appraisal of the comment made by Rebecca Donato that it
was debateable that efficient markets exist at all levels. You are expected to
appraise the general concept of efficient financial markets, as well as
exploring the implications of efficient markets to this case study in particular.
Strategic Investment Management Question 1 (a) Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for both Sesperian plc and Agrosolutions plc, and then determine […]
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Instructor: Dr Ching-Chang Chen
Teaching Assistant: Ms. Nina C. Krickel
International Peace Studies EA
Reaction Paper Assignment
(1) Please choose either “I Would Like to Be Able to Speak Uchinaguchi When I Grow Up!”
(Satako Taira’s interview script) or an excerpt from Immanuel Kant’s Perpetual Peace as
your reaction paper topic. Write down your thoughts after reading the article; your analysis
should seek to address the questions listed below, although you are at liberty to expand the
scope of your discussion when deemed appropriate.
(2) Format: this short essay should be written in English, typed, and kept within three pages
(excluding references). The essay should be your own independent work.
(3) Plagiarism is a serious academic offense and will not be tolerated in this course. A student
of mine got caught three years ago for committing plagiarism and was not able to graduate.
Ensure that you do not use another person’s thoughts, writings or words as your own without
proper attribution. This course accepts two referencing systems: the in-text (Harvard) system
and the footnote/endnote system. Choose either of them for your work and follow it
consistently. Contact your instructor if you are unsure what constitutes plagiarism and/or how
to reference an essay.
(4) This assignment must include your name, student ID, and email address. It should be
submitted to TA as an email attachment no later than July 15, 2014, 23:59. Late submission
will be penalized or even rejected.
Purpose of the Assignment
This assignment seeks to develop your critical thinking ability, an important element for those
who want to proceed to the postgraduate level or to become decision makers in their future
career. The immediate benefit is that you can practice how to engage in point-to-point
discussions and defend your arguments, which will better equip you to deal with essay
questions in the exams.
This assignment will constitute 20% of your grade for the course.
Satako Taira, “I Would Like to Be Able to Speak Uchinaguchi When I Grow Up!” in Jennifer
Chan, Another Japan Is Possible (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2008)
You are invited to apply Johan Galtung’s concept of “structural violence” as well as
“structural theory of imperialism” to consider the Okinawa issue. From this interview,
what kinds of structural violence Okinawans have been subjected to? Can you
illustrate the various manifestations of the Center-Periphery relationship in the case of
Okinawa? What are the strategies local people may employ to resist the
aforementioned violence (and what are the obstacles)?
Immanuel Kant, Perpetual Peace, in David Barash, Approaches to Peace (Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 2010)
Use your own words to summarize what you consider three of the most important
points in Kant’s proposal for world government. In your view, is there any weakness
in his argument? Can you demonstrate how the flaw/mistake has occurred by
subjecting his text to logical and/or empirical scrutiny? (You may get some
inspiration from Hidemi Suganami’s The Domestic Analogy and World Order
Proposals, which is also available in Japanese). Which essence in Kant’s work
remains relevant for making today’s world a more peaceful place?
Reaction paper1Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific UniversitySpring 2014Instructor: Dr Ching-Chang Chen Teaching Assistant: Ms. Nina C. Krickel International Peace Studies EAReaction Paper Assignment(1) Please choose either […]
Use the organization where you currently work or one where you may have worked as a point of reference for evaluating environmental and organizational pressures.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Create a table where at least three (3) organizational pressures and at least three (3) environmental pressures in the organization are illustrated and rank those pressures according to their influence.
2. Describe in detail the environmental and organizational pressures that exist in the organization and how they have evolved over time.
3. Explain how the identified environmental and organizational pressures impact the company from a financial perspective.
4. Explain how the identified environmental and organizational pressures impact you personally and / or the other employees of the company.
5. Assess how the organization has reacted to the organizational and environmental pressures identified in Criterion 1.
6. Propose at least one (1) strategy that could be utilized to reduce one (1) of the environmental pressures identified in Criterion 1 and at least one (1) strategy that could be utilized to reduce one (1) of the organizational pressures identified in Criterion 1.
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Evaluate the reasons why organizations change and the internal and external forces of change.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing organizational change.
• Write clearly and concisely about managing organizational change using proper writing mechanics.
Environmental Pressures Use the organization where you currently work or one where you may have worked as a point of reference for evaluating environmental […]
Human Rescourse Management initiative Human Rescourse Management initiative Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper […]
Total Building Performance
the following task:(also Attached
An existing New South Wales (NSW) Building Consulting Practice has formed a partnership
with a Civil Engineering Consulting Practice in Victoria so that together they can provide a
broader consultancy service to the building industry in both states.
Following the ‘transition’ period, the new consultancy practice is proving to be a success and
attracting many new clients. A major client has approached the practice and following several
meetings a number of briefs have emerged represented by the tasks below for your action:
The client has commissioned you to prepare a case study report in the form of a power point
presentation which clearly demonstrates the use of effective design principles as applied to the
internal space of commercial buildings.
Such a presentation needs to clearly demonstrate the positive aspects of the Total Building
Performance of a commercial building.
Part of your employment duties is to keep a diary of your weekly activities with respect to:
Building performance principles
The built system and subsystems
You are required to submit the diary at the specified time as directed by your supervisor. The
diary should clearly demonstrate the various buildings you have ‘seen/visited’ and their
relationships to the purposes of the diary.
Total Building Performance the following task:(also AttachedAn existing New South Wales (NSW) Building Consulting Practice has formed a partnershipwith a Civil Engineering Consulting Practice […]