What extent is moral values & character education associated to decreased negative behavior and preparing students to a productive adult lifeWhat extent is moral […]
Create a Research Plan
Week 8 Assignment: Create a Research Plan
For this assignment, create a plan that outlines a research study and the associated qualitative method(s) you will use to analyze the data collected in the research study. The plan must include an abstract, introduction, literature review, methods section, and an expected conclusions section per APA standards. At least three outside sources are to be used in the literature review section of the study. Please use your feedback from the two “mini-proposals”, the qualitative data analysis and discussion completed in Weeks 1 – 4 as guidance for your research plan.
Your research plan should look like a research article from a refereed journal, without the results section, but with an expected conclusions section. The most time and emphasis should be placed on the method and expected conclusions sections of your paper, as appropriate qualitative research methods are the focus of this course.
Details: For your selected topic, please complete the following:
• Abstract – this is a relatively short piece, no more than one page in length (double spaced), where you summarize the paper. In it, you will give a brief description of the research study to be done. This piece of the proposal should be written in such a way that the reader of your Research Plan will be interested in your proposal and want to read further to find out the details.
• Introduction – this is where you introduce the study. Here you discuss the problems, going from general to more specific, that lead to the hypothesized investigation, solution, and proposal to conduct research on the hypothesis or hypotheses.
• Literature Review – in this section, you should present existing information regarding your topic. You will present summaries of articles and their findings that support the background leading up to your study, or any aspect of the research proposed.
• Method – here you tell the reader how you will gather the data that you will use to test your hypothesis or hypotheses in your research study, as well as all qualitative research procedures you’ll use to gather and evaluate your data. Your target audience and the specific research techniques that you will use should be identified in this section of the paper.
• Expected Conclusions – using fake data, use charts, graphs, and any analyses you think are appropriate for this proposal. Write a summary description, critique, evaluation, and comparison of the qualitative research technique(s). Discuss each method’s procedures, strengths and weaknesses, typical findings, best applications, and the unique qualities of each.
Length: 10-14 pages.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your assignment using the Upload Assignment button below.
1.0 Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research methods.
2.0 Examine and describe various qualitative data collection procedures.
3.0 Describe how to compile, summarize and analyze qualitative data, and describe the use of qualitative data analysis software.
4.0 Prepare a research proposal that employs at least one method of collecting and analyzing qualitative data.
Create a Research Plan Week 8 Assignment: Create a Research Plan Activity DescriptionFor this assignment, create a plan that outlines a research study and […]
Explaining the importance of Transportation & Physical Distribution highlighting the elements of Transpiration that leads to the success of local economyaper instructions:
explaining the importance of Transportation & Physical Distribution highlighting the elements of Transpiration that leads to the success of local economy,
Explaining the importance of Transportation & Physical Distribution highlighting the elements of Transpiration that leads to the success of local economyaper instructions:explaining the importance […]
Qualitative Assignment :
Assignment description: In Week 5, you and your classmates answered the following question in a discussion thread: “Why are ethics in
research important?” At the end of this exercise you should have drawn some conclusions about what the students in this class of RESM
200 believe about research ethics.
You are required to analyze all the responses using a qualitative method of analysis to make sense of the data. You should keep in mind the
discussions of ethics and confidentiality in your writing and analysis. A discussion of the methods of analysis can be found on pages 309‐311
of the Palys and Atchinson text.
Assignment purpose: This assignment will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply a qualitative technique to analyzing
data. As qualitative research focuses on process, the most important piece of this assignment is to demonstrate the process you used to
make sense of the data.
1. Read the responses from your classmates in the discussion thread. Make notes as you see fit. You will likely need to review the
responses more than once.
2. Review the chapter readings in Palys and Atchison.
3. Select the process from pages 309‐311 that you think is most effective in making sense of the data.
4. Apply the strategy to the data and test.
5. Draw your conclusions and write up your process and findings.
Assignment Guidelines: You are expected to include a(n):
1) Title for the study (1)
2) Brief overview of the research methodology used (2)
3) Description of the sample (2)
4) Analysis section including the method of analysis used (10)
5) Summary of findings/Conclusions (5)
Grading will be particularly focused on the critical analysis and justification for decisions being made rather than on the specific content or
categories you select. You will also be evaluated for proper use of any references (APA format) and grammar/spelling and overall clarity of
Qualitative Qualitative Assignment : Assignment description: In Week 5, you and your classmates answered the following question in a discussion thread: “Why are ethics […]
Monica Lewinsky Is the topic. Take notes on her early life and her scandal with the president and what she did afterwards.
The Notes Manuscript (100 points): This will contain all of the research material (and then some) needed to write the paper. To create it you need to consult a minimum of six sources, at least three of which you must draw from heavily. All information for this paper must be accessed through the online databases to which the school subscribes.(google scholar,pro quest, and other good sources). For each source, you will create a typed set of notes, starting with a proper MLA citation and containing every quote, paraphrase, fact, or interpretation that you think you might use.(mostly paraphrase)
Here is a sample entry:
Standage, Tom. The Victorian Internet: The Remarkable Story of the Telegraph
and the Nineteenth-Century’s On-Line Pioneers. New York: Walker and
Co., 1998. Print.
Monica Lewinsky Monica Lewinsky Is the topic. Take notes on her early life and her scandal with the president and what she did afterwards.The […]