English and LiteratureAssignment:
• You will write four annotations that will help you towards writing your research essay.
• Two annotations will be on the essays read for class, “The Economic Crunch” and “Meet the Twixters.”
• Three additional annotations will be on essays you will research for your Research Essay project. These essays must discuss the economic situation of the young today.
Write a two paragraph annotation on the essays read in class. Your annotation should:
• Be two paragraphs long, altogether no more than one page, in 12pt, Times New Roman.
• First Paragraph should describe the essay. Description includes:
o Name of the author, title of the essay, and publication information
o Summarize the essay and describe what is the thesis and what the author is trying to convey.
• Second paragraph should evaluate the essay. Evaluation includes:
o Your opinion of the essay. Is the essay convincing, why or why not?
o If you think the essay will be useful to your research project.
English and LiteratureAssignment:• You will write four annotations that will help you towards writing your research essay. • Two annotations will be on the […]
Employment-At-Will DoctrineImagine you are a recently-hired Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a midsize company preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO). You quickly discover multiple personnel problems that require your immediate attention.
1. John posted a rant on his Facebook page in which he criticized the company’s most important customer.
2. Ellen started a blog to protest the CEO’s bonus, noting that no one below director has gotten a raise in two (2) years and portraying her bosses as “know-nothings” and “out-of-touch”
3. Bill has been using his company-issued BlackBerry to run his own business on the side.
4. After being disciplined for criticizing a customer in an email (sent from his personal email account on a company computer), Joe threatens to sue the company for invasion of privacy.
5. One of the department supervisors requests your approval to fire his secretary for insubordination. Since the secretary has always received glowing reviews, you call her into your office and determine that she has refused to prepare false expense reports for her boss.
6. Anna’s boss refused to sign her leave request for jury duty and now wants to fire her for being absent without permission.
As an astute manager, you will need to analyze the employment-at-will doctrine and determine what, if any, exceptions and liabilities exist before taking any action. As you proceed with your investigation, you discover the company has no whistleblower policy.
In preparation for this assignment, use to research your state’s employment-at-will policy. It is Florida.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize the employment-at-will doctrine discussed in the text and then evaluate three (3) of the six (6) scenarios described by determining:
a. Whether you can legally fire the employee; include an assessment of any pertinent exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine.
b. The primary action(s) that you should take to limit liability and impact on operations; specify the ethical theory that best supports your decision.
2. Examine your state’s policy on employment-at-will. Analyze at least one (1) real-world example of an employee or employer utilizing your state’s employment-at-will doctrine in the last five (5) years. Include a summary of the main issue and the outcome in the identified real-world example.
3. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Employment-At-Will DoctrineImagine you are a recently-hired Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a midsize company preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO). You quickly discover […]
Computer EthicsCase Study 1: Computer Ethics
Due Week 3 and worth 75 points
Read the case from Deccan Herald titled “Hackers holding your PC to ransom”, dated November 25, 2013, located at http://www.deccanherald.com/content/297460/hackers-holding-your-pc-ransom.html.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1.Describe two (2) potential computer ethics issues associated with holding computers hostage.
2.Propose two (2) methods that computer users could use to prevent this type of attack.
3.Propose two (2) governmental legislations that could be enacted against this type of attack.
4.Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Computer EthicsCase Study 1: Computer EthicsDue Week 3 and worth 75 points Read the case from Deccan Herald titled “Hackers holding your PC to […]
Poet Analysis Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poet Analysis Ralph Waldo Emerson
You are to write a 800-1000 word paper about Ralph Waldo Emerson, using research. You are to write about the connections you can make between the life, the works, and the time period in which your approved writer lived. Obviously, you must read biographical material about the writer and some of what the writer has written. Try to imagine what life was like for your writer. Which writers influenced your writer? What events had the greatest impact? Note fads and fashions, scientific advances, and interesting aspects of everyday life. This is not a paper that briefly covers his entire life. You must narrow down the material so it fits with your approved thesis. The quality of your reference sources is much more important than the quantity.Click here for more on this paper…….
Poet Analysis Ralph Waldo Emerson Paper instructions: Poet Analysis Ralph Waldo Emerson You are to write a 800-1000 word paper about Ralph Waldo Emerson, […]
Using the ideas and concepts in hooks’ and Seiring, compose an essay that makes your own argument about the importance, or lack thereof, of representation in the media. Use examples from popular movies, television shows, and/ or music to support your claim in addition to your references to the articles we've read in class. Is it important to be “enlightened witnesses” who are “critically vigilant”? Why or why not? (How) can active watching change the way we respond to what we are told?
Do not use outside resources.
Note: You NOT should base your entire argument on poverty and gender; hooks and Siering have already done that. What you should do is revisit the Representation discussion board and use the concepts that hooks and Siering highlight to analyze the way one of the groups we discussed is portrayed in the media and what, if any, impact that portrayal has.
Because you need to refer to hooks’ and Siering's work displaying your own reasoning (you should not be summarizing hooks’ argument or echoing Seiring’s; you should be creating your own argument that is in conversation with their claims) and examples of your own, all the details in this writing should lead you to write at least 750 words.
Remember that you should cite all sources as we’ve practiced in our assignments so far. I don’t expect you to be perfect, but you should make an attempt. You work should be in either Calibri or Times New Roman in 12 point. Your margins should be 1 inch margins.
Media representation Using the ideas and concepts in hooks’ and Seiring, compose an essay that makes your own argument about the importance, or lack […]