Report question: Study Skills Module June 2014 On April 24 2013, a building known as the “Rana Plaza collapsed on top of garment workers inside its factories, killing more than 1,100 people and injuring 2,500. It would be known as the worst accident in the garment industry anywhere. It was later discovered that 28 brands that sourced clothes from the plaza included Primark, Bennetton, Mango, Matalan and Bonmache, prompting public concern about the working conditions of garment factories around the world which contribute to western high street fashion stores. Ethical consumerism encourages people to think about how the products they buy are sourced and produced which are not harmful to the environment and society. This can be evidenced through simply purchasing eggs that are free-range or boycotting goods/companies which promote child labour or unsavoury working conditions. There are a range of product areas which fall into the ethical category which includes: Ethical consumerism is a growing market; a recent report from the Co-operative Bank showed a third of UK consumers claiming to be concerned about ethical consumption, with a large number of the public willing to challenge and boycott companies who do not comply with ethical standards. Write an analytical business report on what ethical consumerism means for businesses. Choose one company evidencing how they operate ethically. This must take into account the ethics and values of the company you choose to focus on. In your report (which must be written in business report format), you need to cover the following topics: · An executive summary which gives a brief overview of the argument in your report including key findings and conclusions · A brief overview analysis of ethical consumerism, identifying the examples of some of the products which fall into the ethical category, · A detailed review of one company claiming to operate ethically. Discuss the approach(es) they have used to become a more socially conscious business, linking this with the ethics and values of the company that you have identified. · A short opinion survey on what influences consumer buying behaviour, carried out by you from a sample of students at GSM London · A conclusion which includes critical evaluation of ethical consumerism based on the evidence that you have gathered both from your primary and secondary research, focusing on one company you have chosen for detailed review Supporting material will be posted on Blackboard, but you will be expected to undertake research using newspaper/magazine/web articles, journals and text books.
study skills Report question: Study Skills Module June 2014 On April 24 2013, a building known as the “Rana Plaza collapsed on top of […]
Final Reflection and PDP
1. Final Reflection and PDP (20%) Students are required to complete a PDP template as provided (this will be available via the Student Portal) to support them in writing a structured reflection and a PDP that will take them through the next 4 semesters of their undergraduate studies. Reflection is one of the ways in which it is possible to extract value from learning experiences. Reflection does not come naturally to many undergraduate students and is not commonly taught in earlier training and educational experiences. This exercise is in place to encourage reflection early in undergraduate studies. The development of self-awareness and the ability to plan for improvement in one’s own performance or Personal Development Planning (PDP) is an important skill to assist students in improving their employability. At the end of this module students will be challenged to put in place a PDP which will take them through to the development of their final semester project. Complete the Final Reflection/PDP Template provided in about 1,000 words; and ensure that you include the following: · A Final Self Assessment Questionnaire, completed in consideration of the Initial Self Assessment Questionnaire and Plan you undertook in week 1. · A reflection on your development and performance during the semester, answering the question: what have you learned about your own performance during the semester (please note the programme or module learning objectives contained in handbooks should be used as objective measures of performance)? · An analysis of the current situation that you face identifying behaviours which require change, answering the questions: o What do I need to change in order to raise the standard of my performance? o Why are these behaviours happening, and why are they impacting upon my performance? · A PDP based upon your current performance level and the developmental changes that you will make during the next 4 semesters of your course, answering the question: how will I change the behaviours that are impacting upon my performance? Students should make use of the format provided below (editable electronic format is available from the Student Portal for this assessment.
Final Reflection and PDP 1. Final Reflection and PDP (20%) Final Reflection and PDP Students are required to complete a PDP template as provided […]
ArtChoose one artist of interest to you. Then follow the requirements under the three
categories that you will be graded on. NO Wikipedia as a source, but you can use
their reference links below their articles
CONTENT: see below for grading chart
• Include some (no more than one paragraph) biographical information.
• Include 2 images.
• Analyze and identify
o THREE elements (chap 2) and
o THREE principles (chap 3)
of your choice for each image. Then discuss how they are evident in and
affect each of the images.
• Describe any innovations in technique or style that this artist is known for
• 4 pages + Bibliography or Works Cited page
FORMATTING: IF you include quotations there must be correct citations
MLA style required
• You MUST include a “Works Cited” ONLY for the list of sources for your
quotation, in other words: For works (sources) that are cited.
• You can place all of the images at the end of the paper, or in the text, but either
way, they all need to have the title in italics under each on the left side, and the
author on the right.
Man with Grey Hat Vincent vanGogh
• ANY sources that you used for research BUT did not use for quotations, is under
a list titled Bibliography
• Spell check your paper before submission
• Grammar check it also
• Look carefully that you have complete sentences: noun, verb, etc.
4 Pg paper
due end of week 7
Your paper also needs the following elements:
• 8 ½ x 11, typed, double-spaced, 12 point.
• Try to use Times Roman font
• indent paragraphs (.5 inch)
• Your Name, Name of Class, Instructor Name and Date of paper in the
LEFT upper corner of paper:
ex: Jane Smith
Fall Qtr 2012
It would be nice for you to include a title that would be centered.
100 pts Final version due end of week 8
ArtChoose one artist of interest to you. Then follow the requirements under the threecategories that you will be graded on. NO Wikipedia as a […]
How did the role of the atist change during the Renaissance
Answer each question with at least a paragraph long answer.
1. How did the role of the atist change during the Renaissance. Name and define the new philosophy that most likely caused that change?
2. What can you determine would have been considered so shocking or offensive about Manet's “Luncheon on the Grass” to the public? I am expecting at least 3 different examples, so plan on researching more than with your textbook AND watching the short documentary link.
3. Look at the artwork in both WWI and WWII and give two examples of artists and their art and a possible explanation as to why it would be so disturbing?
4. From Chapter 13 What qualities does the text say makes a work of art great? Page 212. In other words, why do artworks like the Mona Lisa or those of Picasso still resonate with people? Is it just that they were employing new ideas (innovation) or speaking to new concepts (humanism)? This does not have to do with the question of What is Art? rather, what makes a work of art linger throughout time?
How did the role of the atist change during the Renaissance Answer each question with at least a paragraph long answer. 1. How did […]
Explain each of the five steps of a Six Sigma project
For your Final Paper, you are to write about the Six Sigma process improvement model used by most Six Sigma organizations: DMAIC – for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control. Specifically, your paper should answer the following questions and include the completed tasks:
Describe the Six Sigma process.
Explain each of the five steps of a Six Sigma project.
Identify an organization that has successfully utilized the Six Sigma process and explain the purpose of the project, the outcome of the project, and the major accomplishments or milestones associated with each of the five steps.
Describe a past or present project that implemented the Six Sigma process.
Discuss at least two new techniques, tools, or methods you learned in doing this research that you think could have been applied to a past or present project.
Your paper will need to include a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations properly formatted according to the APA style guide. Also, your content should be eight to ten pages, which does not include your reference or title page. You will need to include at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford Library in your paper as part of your research to support your analysis.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages (NOT including the title and reference pages) in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Explain each of the five steps of a Six Sigma project For your Final Paper, you are to write about the Six Sigma process […]