Historical account of an ancient Greek city-state or colony
Assignment 1 is due in week 3 and Assignment 2 is due in week 5. Check the Course Outline for exact dates. E-mail or send your assignments to the Centre for Online Learning Office (see the Assignments Section in the Online Learning Website). A late penalty of 10% per day (including weekends) will be applied to all assignments received after the due date. Extensions may be granted for substantial medical reasons or other exceptional circumstances by arrangement with the instructor. Refer to the Assignment Tips page for useful information.
Each is worth 20% of the final grade and will be marked out of 20 points.
All Assignments are to be typed, double spaced, and 7 to 10 pages in length
Choose one of the following topics for Assignment #1 and another topic for Assignment #2:
- Submit an annotated bibliography about an ancient (pre-industrial) city established in either the Near East (Mesopotamia, the Nile Valley, or the Indus Valley) or Mesoamerica (Aztec, Maya, or Inca). There should be ten (10) sources followed by a summary of each source. Do not make this into an archaeological assignment by focusing on individual buildings and monuments with the selected city.
- Write an historical account of an ancient Greek city-state or colony. The paper should discuss of the city's site, major features, and urban history. Be sure to include maps and diagrams the city's relative location and its internal layout (morphology) at different times. Include at least ten (10) bibliographic entries. Do not write about the Pan-Hellenic sanctuaries of Olympia and Delphi.
- The Romanist theory suggests that some medieval towns were successors of settlements established during the Roman period. Select any European settlement built by the Romans. The paper should include a discussion of the city's site, major features, and urban development during the Roman and Medieveal periods. Be sure to include maps and diagrams, the city's relative location and its internal layout (mophology) at different times. Include at least ten (10) bibliographic entries. Do not write about Pompeii and Herculaneum since they did not exist during the medieval era.
- Submit an annotated bibliography on the city of Berlin. There should be ten (10) sources followed by a summary of each source. Then discuss which of Benton's (1968) urban origin theories (see Lesson 5) may be applied to explain Berlin's origins. Answer this question in one (1) paragraph.
- Write an historical account about the establishment (site and situation) and pre-1900 urban development of a colonial city in North America. The paper should include a discussion of the city's site, major features, and urban history. Be sure to include maps and diagrams of the city's relative location and its internal layout (morphology) at different times. Include at least ten (10) bibliographic entries.
Historical account of an ancient Greek city-state or colony Assignment 1 is due in week 3 and Assignment 2 is due in week 5. Check the Course Outline […]
Financial System InquiryCritical Essay: Financial System Inquiry
In December 2013, the Government announced the terms of reference for the Financial System Inquiry. It has been 16 years since the last substantial review of this sector, the outcome being the Wallis Report.
Your task is to write a critical essay; that responds to the following:
1. Compare and contrast the terms of reference of the Wallis Inquiry and the recently announced Financial System Inquiry. Consider the economic, regulatory and global context that these inquiries were/will be undertaken in.
2. Comment on the recommendations made by the Wallis Inquiry and their impact on the current financial services regulatory environment.
1. You can access the terms of reference for the Financial System Inquiry and the full Wallis report from www.fsi.treasury.gov.au
2. You will need to do some independent research in relation to what has been implemented from the Wallis report. Given the word limit focus on substantial aspects only.
1. Develop an understanding of the current financial services regulatory environment
2. Develop an understanding as to how substantial inquiries into sectors result in changes to legislation
3. Broaden knowledge in relation to financial products and financial markets
4. Broaden knowledge in relation to the function of regulatory bodies.
Word count: 2000 words excluding bibliography but inclusive of any in-text reference with a 10% tolerance, anything over this will not be marked. You are expected to read widely and at least 6 reference sources should be noted. There is a wealth of information on the Wallis inquiry, you will not struggle to find relevant information but ensure that it is from a credible source.
Referencing: For this essay please use Chicago referencing style – a guide is available via the library if you are not familiar with this style. Please note – no referencing, no marks (see comments on Turnitin below)
Allow a 5cm margin on the right hand side of page for comments, at least 12 pt font to be used.
It is recommended that you include an abstract to guide the reader at the outset. Use of appropriate headings is encouraged.
Financial System InquiryCritical Essay: Financial System InquiryTopic:In December 2013, the Government announced the terms of reference for the Financial System Inquiry. It has been […]
Discuss the principles of modern cosmology and the scientific process used to make these discoveries as explained in Reinventing gravity Discuss the principles of […]
How did Columbus’ voyage alter the course of (a) European history and (b) the lives of indigenous peoples?
INSTRUCTIONS: Chose TWO topics from below and write an essay (bet. 750 – 1000 words) for each topic you choose. Submit your TWO; essays at the same time as required. Topics for Assignment Packet 1: All essays will be scholarly researched papers that include: (a) an introduction with a clearly defined thesis statement; (b) supporting arguments drawn from relevant sources (minimum of 3, and at least 2 of the course materials); (c) arguments/discussions organized in discrete paragraphs that are interconnected and linked by appropriate transitional statements/sentences; (d) standard grammar; (e) citation of sources quoted or paraphrased (APA, MLA, or Chicago); and (f) a bibliography of all the sources used. Each essay should be based on one of the topics provided, typed with 12-point, “Times New Roman” font, double-spaced, and within normal (2.5cm) margins. Papers will be marked for content analysis, structural organization, use of language, and compliance with standard requirements · Indentureship and African Enslavement · their Political Fragmentation
How did Columbus’ voyage alter the course of (a) European history and (b) the lives of indigenous peoples? Description INSTRUCTIONS: Chose TWO topics from below […]
.Compare the three (3) current health care financing and funding models (i.e., employee based, government based, and individual based) used with the healthcare delivery system of the United States
Prepare a fifteen to twenty (15 to 20) slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed scholarly speaker notes in which you:
1.Compare the three (3) current health care financing and funding models (i.e., employee based, government based, and individual based) used with the healthcare delivery system of the United States.
2.Compare and contrast key economic goals of public and private health insurance plans. Evaluate the success potential of key economic goals in terms of populations covered, services included, financing arrangements, reimbursement strategies, and economic competition policies.
3.Analyze the key effects of labor market, insurance market, and competitive market factors on health care delivery requirements at your current or previous organization of employment.
4.Determine what changes are occurring in the economy or concerning labor and regulatory factors that must be considered in the future.
5.Suggest the key national trends that you believe currently affect competition and pricing initiatives. Justify your response.
6.Suggest the main quality indicators that typically affect health insurance pricing at the local level. Justify your response.
7.Use a minimum of six (6) reputable references sources including three (3) sources from peer reviewed journals.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
•Assess current economic trends that influence the cost, quality, and access to care.
•Analyze the impact of managed care on cost, quality, and access within managed care organizations and the health insurance market.
•Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
•Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.
.Compare the three (3) current health care financing and funding models (i.e., employee based, government based, and individual based) used with the healthcare delivery […]