As discussed in this chapter, TV is one of the newest entertainment options available for mobile phones. From live TV to video clips and movies, mobile TV is taking off.
For this project, investigate the mobile TV options available today. Find at least two services and compare features, such as cost, compatibility, channels, and programming. Do your selected services offer live TV, video-on-demand, or both? If you have a mobile phone, are any of the services available through your
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted….
mobile provider? Are there currently Web sites where mobile users can view episodes of TV shows for free, like personal computer users can? What is the current status of the push by the Open Mobile Video Coalition to have a free mobile TV standard across the United States? Have you ever watched TV on a mobile phone? If so, how do you rate your experience and would you do it again? If not, would you want to watch TV on a mobile phone? Do you think mobile TV is the wave of the future? Why or why not?
At the conclusion of your research, write a one-page paper on your findings and opinions and submit it to your instructor. Include citations as needed to avoid the possibility of plagiarism and write in first person.
Computer scienceAs discussed in this chapter, TV is one of the newest entertainment options available for mobile phones. From live TV to video clips […]
Integrated marketing communication plan
The Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) plan
The Integrated Marketing Communication plan assignment is designed to evaluate your ability to understand and apply the course material. The assignment requires you to assess and critique the Marketing Communications of a company, make recommendations for how they could be evaluated and improved. The assignment will be completed individually. Your tutorial sessions will provide you with basic information for your plan, and you will have an opportunity to discuss your project with your tutor in each tutorial session. Failure to attend your chosen tutorial may seriously undermine your ability to complete this project. The schedule of tutorial sessions is as follows;
| |Week 3: beginning 17 March | |Tut 1 Project discussion #1, Report writing
| || |Tut 2 Project discussion #2 Background
| || |Tut 3:Project discussion # 3 critiquing implementation
| |Week 6: beginning 7 April | |T4: Project discussion #4 Recommendations and evaluation.
| |Week 7: beginning 14 April | |Monday 14 April, drop in q & a session. Times TBA.
| || |Assignment one presentations
| || |Assignment one presentations
| |Week 10: beginning 13 May | |
| |Week 11: beginning 20 May | |
The following pages detail the content of the IMC Plan. It is expected that you will follow the structure of a formal business or marketing plan. You all have experience with this in both MARK101 and second year courses. As a refresher, we will run through the basics of report writing in the first tutorial. You are expected to use your own experience and judgement to determine how to structure your report and if you are unsure, refer to the faculty writing guide for help with this. The guide is available on blackboard. The maximum limit for the written report is 3000 words (not including the cover and table of content pages). This does include the use of appendices. Marks will be allocated for the presentation of the assignment. This includes grammar, spelling, formatting, etc. It is possible to lose marks for grammatical and spelling errors. Clear and concise writing will assist you in communicating your ideas more effectively.
The written IMC plan is due, 2pm, Tuesday 20 May and is to be submitted in the MARK 301 Assignment box on the Mezzanine floor of Rutherford House and electronically through Turnitin.
3. The Project Brief.
This assignment requires you to do two things; 1. Critique the publicly available information of the marketing communications of a single organisation. 2. Create recommendations for how the organisation’s marketing communications outcomes could be evaluated and improved. You can write your IMC plan on any one of three organisations: 1. Home Instead senior care. 2. The Co-operative Bank – launch of a tertiary sector banking product. 3. Fairfax Media –the Dominion Post. Background information for each of the three organisations follows. Choose any one of these three for your report. This assignment does not require primary research. Use as much publicly available information as you can but do not ask to speak to anyone in the organisations directly. Launched in the United States of America in 1995, Home Instead Senior Care is a franchise based organisation which now has a presence in more than 10 countries including New Zealand.The Home Instead service offerings are based on providing senior clients with personalised in-home care in order to maintain their quality of life, independence and dignity. As a growing franchise based business, Home Instead Senior Care has a need to publicise their services as an alternative to retirement villages and rest home care. They wish to increase knowledge about their business, grow their client base and create profitable returns within the next 12 months. Fairfax Media and The Dominion Post The major daily newspaper of Wellington city and surrounding region, the Dominion Post is a flagship title for the Fairfax media group. The Dominion Post was formed in 2002 with the merger of two Wellington dailies, the Dominion and the Evening Post. In recent years the newspaper industry has continued to be challenged by the rise of digital medias, changes to the way readers access their news and information, and the manner in which sellers advertise their goods and services. Farifax Media wants to ensure that the Dominion Post is not only a profitable business, but that it remains at the forefront of news and information provision in the greater Wellington region. To do this the newspaper’s communications need to be accessible to readers and advertisers alike, be highly relevant and continue to attract a growing subscription base over the next 12 months. The Co-operative Bank. – Launch of a tertiary sector banking product. Rebranded from the PSIS in 2012, the Co-Operative bank is looking to build on the recent success it has had with its rebranding campaign, the tagline of which is “driven by your prosperity, not our profit”. The campaign attempted to flip the typically negative response to the announcement of record bank profits on its head. After undertaking a strategic analysis of its product portfolio, the Co-operative bank identified the tertiary student sector as a promising market segment from which it could build an exciting new product offering. It now needs to communicate these offerings to students nationwide and sign up as many new customers as possible within the next 12 months.
The Project task
The following sections detail the content to be included in the IMC report.
Section one – Background (4%):
An IMC plan needs to sit within a wider framework of organisational strategy. The first section of the assignment asks you to provide background to both the organisation and the industry in which it exists. Using publicly available information provide the following information; Note: You may need to use assumptions in your answers. Make sure you identify what assumptions you have made and justify their use.
Company Background 3%
· Organisation name, size, description of what the company does and its mission. · Brief discussion of the wider environment, – keep PESTE and competitor analysis relevant to the IMC plan. · Outline the size of the operational revenue and its profitability, · Describe the overall strategic goals of the organisation and where relevant, the parent organisation.
Marketing Background 1%
· Describe the Target Marketing and Positioning strategies of the organisation.
Section two – Critique – (6%)
Using as much publicly available information as you can gather, critique the current marketing communications approach of your organisation. Include an analysis of the following; 1. What is the overall communication strategy the company has chosen (sum this up in a sentence or two). 2. Outline the key message the company is attempting to convey to its target market. 3. Explain the brand associations that are being conveyed to the target audience. 4. Explain the media strategy that the organisation is using to send its message to the 5. Explain why the media strategy is appropriate for the organisation.
Section three – Recommendations and Evaluation – (10%)
Make recommendations for how the organisation can improve the outcomes of the IMC plan.
1. Develop three key objectives the organisation should use for their IMC plan. These objectives should relate to ;
i) Brand awareness
ii) Brand Image
2. Identify improvements to the creative elements of the communications and recommend ways to;
i) Build a strong relationship between the company and its customers. Justify your suggestions.
ii) Create effective reach.
3. Apart from advertising, identify other elements of the promotional mix the organisation could use and explain why these would be appropriate.
4. Estimate a budget for your recommendations in 3.2 and 3.3. What budgeting approach should your organisation use and why.
5. Give details of evaluation methodologies the organisation could use and explain why they are an appropriate choice.
Integrated marketing communication plan The Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) plan 1. Introduction The Integrated Marketing Communication plan assignment is designed to evaluate your ability […]
Wood is one of mankind’s oldest building materials. Working with wood is a skill that has been around since mankind has created his first tool. Wood working has improved enormously since the stone ages thanks to technological advances. Now there are many trades and skills involved in creating with wood. One important trade is Carpentry. People who work as carpenters are craftsmen who build things, and hence, are involved in many different kinds of construction activity. They work on the wood and materials for many buildings and structures, including docks, boats, bridges, highways etc. A few of a carpenter’s duties may involve designing, constructing, remodeling, and repairing exterior structures made of wood, cabinets, tables, shelves, benches, flooring, door and window frames, and other furniture. Depending on the job the tasks will be different but usually a carpenter will follow the same steps in creation and assembly.
One of the first steps is receiving a plan or instructions, or having one. After a carpenter has a plan, they’ll measure, mark, gather, and layout their materials. After arranging materials, they’ll be cut or through wood, drywall, plastic, or fiberglass, with hand tools
The carpenter’s task is a little simpler than described above when working with prefabricated components because it does not require as much work in the layout or the
assembly and cutting of as many pieces. Prefabricated components are tailored for easy and
fast installation and usually can be installed in one operation. Carpenters must be able to do all parts of a job and not just a single duty therefore it is good to have good overall training so that switch to the aspects of the job you’re required to do when needed. Carpenters also perform a variety of maintenance work )
Carpentry Wood is one of mankind’s oldest building materials. Working with wood is a skill that has been around since mankind has created his […]
International Relations – Is International Relations theory best understood in terms of science or ideology
International Relations – Is International Relations theory best understood in terms of science or ideology
Is International Relations theory best understood in terms of science or ideology?
Essay will be assessed on the basis of:
• the quality and strength of the argument
• the depth of analysis
• the depth of resources and the overall quality of sources used
• the structure of the paper
• referencing & bibliography
• grammar, spelling and general expression
This is a postgraduate subject, so the argument and analysis need to be substantial.
In answering, please follow the normal conventions of essay writing.
Use a minimum 10 quality textbook and journal sources – using Harvard style referencing.
I will ask for a short introduction before selecting a writer for this essay.
International Relations – Is International Relations theory best understood in terms of science or ideology International Relations – Is International Relations theory best understood […]
In regards to the “Plain View” doctrine, any of the five human senses may provide information that meks it “immediately apparent” to the police that the object is evidence of a crime. Discuss the senses applicable to plain view and their application
ords, and provide the citations and references for the searches you make. Explain in detail and provide examples when necessary. If and when you do your research, please remember to include your IN TEXT CITATION (This is a must to avoid plagiarism). Which means some questions ask you to make some research, and again please include the IN TEXT CITATION after your responds. And also provide the REFERENCES of where you got your source from.
1) In regards to the “Plain View” doctrine, any of the five human senses may provide information that meks it “immediately apparent” to the police that the object is evidence of a crime. Discuss the senses applicable to plain view and their application.
2) Many federal, state, and local governmental agencies now require suspicionless drug testing of employees with duties “fraught with such risks of injury to others that even a momentary lapse of attention can have disastrous consequences.” Come up with a list of pros and cons (a minimum of four each) for generalized drug testing in the workplace. What is your personal opinion of random drug testing for employees? What is the basis for your opinion?
3) Research the history of school authorities being able to search students and their lockers. Summarize the development of this issu in the courts and what is now the current standard. What criteria would you establish in order for a search of students or their lockers to be valid? What is your underlying rationale?
4) The Leon good faith exception permits the use of evidence obtained through the use of a search warrant containing a technical error that does not violate a fundamental constitutional right of a suspect. This is exemplified by officers who served a warrant that was later found to be invalid because of an error by court administration or some other error that the police were not privy to. Should it matter whether the typing or other grammatical error was made by the clerk of court or by the police? Why or why not? What rationale are you basing your decision on?
5) Review the case Nix v. Williams and respond to the following: Do you feel that the Supreme Court made the correct assumption in stating that the searchers probably would have found the deceased girl's body even without the information provided by Williams? If the Supreme Court had ruled that the subsequent discovery of the body and related evidence was fruit of the poisonous tree would justice have been served? Why or why not?
6) In everyday life, we judge other people not only by what they say but also to some extent by their appearances and their conduct. Do you feel that the demeanor of a witness can and does affect the outcome of a trial? Why or why not? Do you feel it is possible for a witnesses's demeanor to affect his/her credibility while testifying? If so, could not this be used as a tactic by either the prosecution or defense to strengthen their case? Give examples.
7) Research the hisotry and development of the implementation and use of grand juries in our criminal court process. Explain the history and current state of how and why the grand jury process was implemented in the United States. What do you see as the primary benefit of using a grand jury process? Can you think of any drawbacks to using such a process? Use at least one reference in your research.
8) Define “hearsay” and provide an example. Be sure to explain why the example meets the definition of “hearsay”.
9) After years of prosecutions in the 1980's and 1990's and thousands of cases where accusations of child sexual abuse were made against child care workers, babysitters, family memebers, and otehrs; however, it has become clear that many problems exists. Courts have responded to the problems of very young children as victims by relaxing hearsay rules so that more adults can testify about ou-of-court statements made by children. Research and find at least one court case within the past 20 years that have resulted in wrongful convictions based on children's erroneous testimony, summarize the case, the outcome and concerns of child testimony may create, given the relaxing of the Hearsay Rules.
10) Research and summarize the case of Fare v Michael C (1979). In addition respond to the following: What additional factors are to be taken into account when determining whether a confession by a juvenile was considered to have been voluntary?What concerns would you have on judging whether or not a juvenile was capable of understanding their rights? What criteria would you use?
11) In your own words, define reasonable suspicion. Why is this so important in regards to the police making a Terry Stop? More specifically, what should the standard be for the word reasonable?
12) In the case of government employees, courts generally hold that the employee has not legitimate expectation of privacy in a computer used in that employment. Do you agree or disagree with the courts in this matter? Why or why not? Come up with at least two arguments for or against the court's ruling.
13) Research and summarize the Scott Peterson trial of 2003. What impact did the use of Global Positioning systems (GPS) by the police have on this case, and what did the police have to do in order to obtain GPS evidence? Why did police believe GPS evidence would assist them in their investigation?
14) Gruesome photographs may be used as evidence if they are relevant to some issue before the court. The trial judge has a great deal of discretion in determining whether such photos are needed and how many photos may be shown. Should the jury be “spared” such photographs when it is the reality of the case? What conditions would you place, if any, on the jury being exposed to such photographs and why?
15) When law enforcement officers arrive at a crime scene where a dead person has been found, it is important to the investigation that the officers determine the time the death occurred. Research and report activities of what is know as the “Body Farm”; how does the work done at the body farm aid investigators? What type of work is being done at the body farm? How does the body farm obtain the bodies used in its research?
In regards to the “Plain View” doctrine, any of the five human senses may provide information that meks it “immediately apparent” to the police […]