Social scientists have proposed a number of theories to explain juvenile delinquency
Case Study 1: Applying Theory to Practice
Due Week 4 and worth 130 points
Social scientists have proposed a number of theories to explain juvenile delinquency. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
For this assignment, go to the Crime Library Website, located at www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/index.html. Under Categories, Notorious Murders click on “Young Killers” and select one of the juvenile case studies.
After reading the case, select one (1) of the psychological theories discussed in Chapter 4 of the text.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize three (3) key aspects of the juvenile case study that you selected.
2. Highlight at least three (3) factors that you believe are important for one to understand the origins of the juvenile’s delinquent behavior.
3. Apply at least two (2) concepts from the theory that you chose from the text that would help explain the juvenile’s behavior.
4. Identify one (1) appropriate strategy geared toward preventing delinquency that is consistent with the theory you chose.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Social scientists have proposed a number of theories to explain juvenile delinquency Case Study 1: Applying Theory to PracticeDue Week 4 and worth 130 […]
Vibration serviceability check
Topic:Vibration serviceability check
1) What vibration is;
2)footfall induced vibration( How footfall going to induced vibration,e.g person walk cross the bridge apply dynamic force and structure response dynamically)
3)human perception( how we feel the vibration, how it doesn't disturb the human)
explain the natural frequency blow 10Hz of the footbridge leads to resonant response calculation but if its above 10Hz using the impulsive response calculation….
mainly is to paraphrase the guide(unloaded docement) up to around page 30 to cover all above requirment and there might be some other important points needs to explain which related to vibration serviceability check for a structure( footbridge)
Vibration serviceability check Topic:Vibration serviceability checkIncluding following1) What vibration is;2)footfall induced vibration( How footfall going to induced vibration,e.g person walk cross the bridge apply […]
MOTHER LOVE IN INFANCY IS AS IMPORTANT FOR MENTAL HEALTH AS ARE VITAMINS AND PROTEINS FOR PHYSICAL HEALTH.” (BOWLBY, 1951) DISCUSS
| |Answer the following essay question. Word length 2500 + or- 10% “MOTHER LOVE IN INFANCY IS AS IMPORTANT FOR MENTAL HEALTH AS ARE VITAMINS AND PROTEINS FOR PHYSICAL HEALTH.” (BOWLBY, 1951) DISCUSS.
Module Learning Outcomes:
(Learning outcomes assessed in this assignment are indicated in bold) 1.2 Evaluate the main theoretical areas of Child Development 2.1 Discuss alternative theories of cognitive development, with particular reference to the work of Piaget, Donaldson and Vygotsky. 3.1 Evaluate these theories of cognitive development in childhood, with reference to empirical research. 4.1 Identify the similarities and differences between different types of play. 5.1 Evaluate psychoanalytical and cognitive theories relating to the functions of play, with reference to appropriate research 6.1 Explain the stages in the development of sociability in the early years of life
MOTHER LOVE IN INFANCY IS AS IMPORTANT FOR MENTAL HEALTH AS ARE VITAMINS AND PROTEINS FOR PHYSICAL HEALTH.” (BOWLBY, 1951) DISCUSS Answer the following […]
Social Work: Case Study Guidelines
Each student will receive a different brief case study. You will write a paper that includes the following
topics and then summarized into a case plan. The first part of the paper should include the following elements:
1. Title Page: Your name, the date, paper assignment, and the name of the scenario.
2. Introduction: Include a sentence or two to briefly give the name of the individual or family you are working with and identify the presenting problem(s) the individual or family is experiencing.
3. Questions for client: Develop a list of questions that you need to ask the client or other people in the scenario to better understand what is going on. Write these questions as you would actually ask them of the client(s).
4. Research questions: Write several questions for your own research. What do you need to know in order to be competent to help in this situation as a social worker. Write these questions out. This is the “F” part of the Evidence Based Process = “Formulate a Question”. At least one of these questions should be about the most effective intervention strategy for dealing with the problem(s) in the case scenario.
5. Discuss ethical issues you might need/want to consider and how you will address those issues. Refer to the ethical principles from the NASW code of ethics we talked about in the earlier part of the semester (and in chapter 4 of the textbook). Delineate which standard(s) or core principles are the most important ones to think about. For example, the issue at hand might be a conflict between the standard of self-determination from the NASW code section 1.02 and the standard of confidentiality (section 1.07). Give examples of how this could play out in the cast study.
The second part of your paper is a case plan which summarizes what information you have gathered and your proposed treatment intervention approach. To do this you will need to research the questions from the above section 3. This is the “L” as in “Locate the best evidence”.
Your case plan should include the following:
1. Assessment of strengths and barriers.
2. At least TWO Goals and with each goal a clearly defined and measurable objective. Remember a goal is the future desired state, i.e. “John will have a healthy and positive relationship with his partner based on open and clear communication”. Objectives are shorter term and measurable (SMART). Don’t just state what you will do, which is neither a goal or objective.
3. For each objective, write a brief treatment plan, including specific intervention modalities and support for your decision(s). This is the “A” part of the EBP = “Assess the quality of the evidence”. Include and integrate your research in your paper (i.e. what you found on in answering part 3 above), accurately documented in APA style (i.e. using in-text citations and a reference list at the end). Describe the interventions, why you think they are the best option, and how effective they have been shown to be based on prior research.
4. Examine the interventions you have chosen as the ‘best options’ for this client and write a paragraph or two on your assessment of whether this intervention is really a viable option for you as a BSW level social worker to do yourself.
5. Finally, identify at least two agencies or individuals in your local community (i.e. 50 mile radius of where you live or your hometown) and report where you could refer the client to receive the interventions you talked about.
Save your write up in Microsoft Word format and upload to the ASULearn site.
Social Work: Case Study GuidelinesEach student will receive a different brief case study. You will write a paper that includes the followingtopics and then […]
Depictions of the human formPaper instructions:
Depictions of the human form
explaining the importance of the theme or item for culture in general. Make a case as to why and how your theme or item can be used to understand human culture better.
Spend the majority of your paper comparing and contrasting the different ways each culture adapts the theme or item to fit their ownc ulture using at least three of the culture
Depictions of the human formPaper instructions:Depictions of the human formexplaining the importance of the theme or item for culture in general. Make a case […]